What is Coaching?
Leadership Coaching is partnering with leaders in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. It can also help deal with issues and challenges before they become major problems. A coaching session will typically take place as a conversation between the coach and the coachee (person being coached), and it focuses on helping the coachee discover answers for themselves. After all, people are much more likely to engage with solutions that they have come up with themselves, rather than those that are forced upon them!
What Coaching is Not?
Coaching is not telling rather than partnering with the coachee to help them find their own answers. Coaching is NOT
- Mentoring: A more knowledgeable person giving guidance to a novice.
- Counselling: A therapy to help with phobias or psychological condiftions.
- Consulting: Giving solutions or doing work for you.
Leadership Coaching is a collaborative, individualised relationship between a leader and the coach — the leader could well be an executive, manager, supervisor, team leader or business owner, anyone in charge or responsible for a group of people. Leadership Coaching can help them:
- Make better decisions
- Drive strategic initiatives
- Maximize critical thinking
- Develop a proactive attitude towards work
- Positive shift in employee engagement
- Interpersonal relationships
- Importantly improved employee productivity
A Life Coach can help you understand the root cause of your dissatisfaction or discontentment with life as a whole and support you to come out of emotional baggage through coaching sessions to live a fulfilling life.
Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches, and only the individual knows when life issues can be resolved by self and when an external support is needed. Even for self exploration a guided approach helps in greater transformation taking place internally. coach’s role helps in :
- Improving the quality of life
- Enhancing the ‘coping up’ ability
- Showing the mirror to the person and help him/her to have a fresh start in life!
Agile Coaching helps you adapt to Agile Values, Principles and Practices. Coach will help you visualize the importance of these practices and implement correctly. The coaching could include how to to implement agile frameworks and techniques like Scrum, eXtreme Programming or Lean as well as mindset and behavioural change. Agile coaching could help
- ScrumMasters and Agile Champions
- Team Members working in Agile Teams
- Managers and Leaders trying to bring agility their teams
- Leaders trying to transform their organizations to be resilient.
Nanda Lankalapalli ACC (ICF)
I help Individuals, Teams and Organizations deliver their work in Agile way! I am founder and CEO of PowerAgile, a Hyderabad based Agile Coaching Company. I have been involved with Product Development for more than 25 years and worked in various roles like Vice President, Director, Architect, Developer, Agile Coach and Scrum Master. I lived and worked in various counties like USA, India, UAE, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong and understand various cultural aspects that affects agility.
As a Certified Coach (ICF-ACC), I offer coaching services to leaders and executives to help them perform at their best in their profession. I also help with Life Coaching for Anger/Stress Management etc. I help Organizations with transforming into agile organization so that they can sustain in this VUCA world.